Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Phoenix Wright Listening Hour

Yesterday, I was invited to be a guest on a local radio show, called "GG." The show refers the expression, "Good Game," an thing gamers exchange between each other after a worthy match or battle. The show is hosted by two of my good friends, Rob and Tim, and we all got together and talked about video games and music! This week's game franchise, the one I got called in to be an "expert" on, was Phoenix Wright, a character whose world I do enjoy immensely. The game is about a Defense Attorney, who goes by the very punny name "Phoenix Wright," His 1st name referring to him always able to pull out victory from the clutches of defeat, and his last name being a play on the word that is clearly associated with law interpretation.

While the gameplay is fun and really engrossing, like gathering evidence and making breakthrough with witnesses, the charm of the game comes from the dialogue, character designs, and lovely 2-D drawn graphical sprites. The game has character, which in a world dominated nowadays with online multiplayer capabilities and graphics, it is a gem. Also the music, which is the basis of the radio show, is phenomenal. Here's a track that showcases how well the compositions depicts a courtroom/law setting.


Some things about the night~
The recording of the show was a lot fun! Before, many years ago I was one of those people who didn't care much for my voice, like you don't enjoy the sound of it, but that is just such an idiotic position to hold, I mean it shouldn't deter you from doing anything. So it was nice to do something like this, which I have never really done, such an intensive recording experience with my voice and ideas, not my instrument, being on display.  As a kid too one my favorite sitcoms was NewsRadio, a show starring Dave Foley and Maura Tierney , and its setting is a radio station in New York City. So to record in Guam's own Public Radio haven, KPRG, was pretty fun and made me think about that classic show.  It was something I wanted to do, like talk and shit, and enjoy my time, which in the end I achieved that.


The show airs this Thursday, 10-11, at 89.3 FM!
And here's their archives, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment